Category Archives: Uncategorized
James 4:5 – Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? (The Greek word for “lusteth (ep-ee-poth-eh’-o)” and means, to yearn; to dote upon, intensely crave possession, (earnestly) desire (greatly), (greatly) long (after). Can we see the intensity of the Holy Spirits desire for every Christian to become fully the sons of God and to abide with Him eternally as one with Him in Christ. Can we also see that to neglect this without regard, trampling upon this intense love and desire He has for us, puts the Christian in great jeopardy of Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit! (This is a serious offense to God in grieving the Holy Spirit.)
We are constrained by the Holy Spirit, grace and the love of God to come into accord with God. Jeremiah 20:9 – Then I said, “I will not make mention of Him, Nor speak anymore in His name.” But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not. (Has this happened to any of us? Of course it does, but it is due to His great love for us.) 1 Corinthians 9:16-17 – For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 17) For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. Necessity means constraint (literally or figuratively); by implication, distress, or must needs or needful. (Constraint means something that controls what you do by keeping you within particular limits.)
2 Cor 5:14-16 – For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15) And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. 16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (This is so vital to everyone that calls themselves a Christian.) John 1:12 – But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Many say they believe, but where is the putting off of the old man and the putting on of the new man. James 2:19-20 – You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe — and tremble!
We are living in perilous times. If Paul suffered the loss of all who he discipled except for Timothy, all others seeking after there own! Even all in Asia had had turned away from Him. (2Tim 1:15) 2 Tim 3:1-5 – This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. Also go 2Timothy 1:13 in reference to the end times again, “But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.”
John 14:26 – But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. (The Holy Spirit/Ghost will teach us all things.) Many Christians are being led astray and leaving the church by deception and lies peddled by false teachers, being mentored by the devil himself, who comes only to steal, kill and destroy. 1 John 2:27 – But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. This anointing comes by way of the Holy Spirit who teaches us all things. Here’s what I have learned from this. If the preacher, pastor or teacher is confirming what the Spirit of God is teaching you from the word and truth their teaching is confirming what you are hearing from the Spirit. These are of the truth, and if they aren’t they are preaching doctrines of demons, you get out of there, even if you have friends there, and find a church and a pastor that confirms what the Spirit of God is teaching you.
This process is activated by our own will, through faith and love for Jesus Christ, to initiate faith and activate the Spirit and grace. James 2:20 – But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Gal 5:6 – For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. The Greek word for worketh is “energeo” or our English word energy. Meaning to be active, efficient, effectual (fervent),to be mighty in, or shew forthself. Only the love of God working in each Christian can cleanse us of our sin. 1 John 1:7 – But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship (“koinonia”/social intercourse) one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. John 15:12-14 – This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Philemon 6 – communication of thy faith may become effectual (active) by the acknowledging (full discernment) of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. Communication is the Greek word “koinonia: meaning partnership, participation, fellowship or “social intercourse” (The communication of thy faith is saying that the true work of the Spirit is the love of God manifest and being communicated by our faith in Jesus Chrsit as a living sacrifice, and becoming a living sacrifice unto one another.)
Acts 1:3 – To whom also he shewed himself alive after his “passion” by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: What was the Jesus’ passion? The Fathers house and the filling up of that house with many sons who would benefit from His life and sacrifice, possessing the same passion. He demonstrated the passion on the cross as He gave us His body and His blood on the cross of Calvary. (This same passion of Christ (from the anointing) should set our heart aflame with Jesus. The passion of Christ constrains us to the altar of fire to become a living sacrifice.) 1 Peter 4:12-13 – Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13) But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
* 2 Corinthians 4:16 – For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. (Remember the outward man comes through the seed of Adam, mastered by sin and the flesh) 1 Corinthians 15:53-54 – For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54) So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. Put on is the Greek word “en-doo-o”, having the sense of sinking into a garment, or to invest with clothing, or to array or endue, as in, “to be endue with power from on high”. This process is a day by day process, guarded, and manifest by the Holy Spirit.
* The Word of God opens us up to expose our sin: Hebrews 4:12-13 – For the word of God is quick/living, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13) Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. (Thus bringing the conviction as well as the grace to turn from sin.)
* Here is an important key to ridding us of the outward person. Sin is generated out of a self referential nature exposing the symptoms, of “Self Will”, pride, lust, envy, strife, jealousy, unforgiveness, etc. The acronym for Self is “Satanic Energy Living Frivolously”. Satan will always be at the core issues of sin through temptation and every evil work. If we allow this process of purification through the word, the sin in our life will gradually be removed. Luke 10:18-19 – And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19) Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. To hurt you means to act unjustly or wickedly, to sin, to be a criminal, to have violated the law in some way, to do wrong. (Satan comes only to steal, kill and destroy, for the sake of hindering the development of the new man in Jesus Christ within each, by stealth, through temptation, bringing sin with guilt and condemnation. (Note though, in Luke 10:18 – I give unto you power/authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power/mighty working, of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Here’s what every Christian must consider, satan uses people against us to tempt us to cast aside the love of God and get in the flesh. Every time we react in the flesh it harms the work of the Spirit in the building up of the new creation within us. Well, how should we react many will say? In the love of God, that is shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Spirit.
Rom 5:1-5 – Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3) And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4) And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5) And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Unless the outward man or the flesh is put out of the way the new creation created in the likeness of Jesus Christ will not come forth and only in this new creation can put off corruption and put on incorruption and put off mortality and put on immortality. 2 Cor 5:17 – Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. Col 3:9-10 – Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; 10) And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: If there is no putting off of the old (outward man) and the putting on of the new there can be no eternal life.
Phil 2:6-11 – Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
(1) Made Himself of no reputation means to make empty, to abase, neutralize, make (of none effect, or void, or to be made vain. (As Christians have we set our heart to this, being emptied, abase, neutralized and to make of non-effect the natural man of the flesh?)
(2) Took upon him the form of a servant means serving as a slave, bondman, man of servile condition, one who gives himself up wholly to another’s will.(Do we truly have a servants heart, do we serve others to our own hurt.)
(3) Made in the likeness of man means He took on the “likeness of Adam’s transgression“, the “likeness of his death”, “the likeness of sinful flesh with corruption and death!”. Paul says, “in the likeness of men”, because, Christ, although a perfect Man, was, by reason of the Divine nature present in Him, not simply and merely a man, but the Incarnate Son of God. (He became all that we are in the flesh, to save us from sin in the flesh.)
(4) Found in the fashion signifies that which comprises the manner of life, actions, and of humanity in general. Jesus Christ willingly took upon Himself all the attributes of man both good and evil! (He left nothing out in taking all that humanity is the bad and the good and carried it to the cross.) How Great is the Love of God? More then we can comprehend or imagine. Heb 4:15-16 – For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. “touched by the feeling” means to be effected with the same feeling as another or feel or express sorrow or sympathy. Infirmities means want of strength, weakness, frailty, feebleness of health, also the soul, being in want of strength, capacity, requisite (or to understand a thing, do things great and glorious, restraining corrupt desires, and bearing trials and troubles.) (Jesus lived His life as a mortal man with all the frailties, but without sin!)
What did Jesus do when He was going through this? He came boldly unto the throne of grace, like as we must also now, that we may also as Jesus obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need! As Jesus took upon Himself all these characteristics of mankind He was able to be touched with the feelings of our infirmities and was in all points tempted, like as we are, yet without sin, because He was also the Incarnate Son of God, destined by the Father to take all sin, corruption and death to the Cross in His own body sanctifying all mankind through His own blood. This being caused by the great love and mercy that was that absolutely overflowed out of Him, driving Him to the cross, daily to take it all away! OH what compassion!
Heb 10:9-10 -Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10) By the which, we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (WE MUST UNDERSTAND AND EMBRACE THROUGH FAITH THIS INCREDIBLE GIFT GOD GAVE US IN CHRIST!)Sanctified means to make holy, purify, also to venerate (meaning to revere, worship, and adore, to honor and admire profoundly and respectfully.) Also to hallow, render or declare sacred or holy, to separate from things profane and dedicate to God, to cleanse externally, to purify by expiation (the act of making amends or “reparation” for guilt or wrongdoing, also called atonement, “this being the reconciliation of God and humankind through Jesus Christ”, making us free from the guilt of sin: purifying internally by reformation of soul.) Reformation is that which rescues us from error, returning each to their rightful course.) (This we should think on when any of us come under guilt of condemnation, He doesn’t see us in this manner, because He sanctified us once and for all.) Reparation also means the act of making amends, offering expiation, or giving satisfaction for a wrong or injury. (Jesus Christ life and death made amends for all mankind’s sin and transgressions, bringing satisfaction to the Father), Sanctification is also that relationship with God into which believers enter by faith in Christ, and to which their sole title is the death of Christ. (Jesus Christ paid the full price, making amends for our reparations on the cross.)
Acts 26:16-18 – But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17) Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18) To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
* Phil 3:10-11 – That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11) If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. (Our suffering is making us conformable unto His death.) Fellowship is the Greek word koinonia (koy-nohn-ee’-ah); meaning; partnership, (literally) participation, or (social) intercourse, or (pecuniary or profitable) benefaction; (to) communicate, communion, or distribution. Social intercourse is speaking about a partnership with Christ and a body of Christians in laboring for the Lord in the building of His kingdom upon the earth, with the love of God being the central foundation for each who is a part of this partnership, who sacrificially give their lives to cause of Christ and for one another. For each that have surrendered themselves unto this kind of bond in laboring for the Lord, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses them from all their sins. Benefaction means an act of conferring (bestowing as a gift) a benefit; the doing of good; a good deed, to communicate, communion, and distribution. This benefaction comes by way of the Spirit of God working in each in the labor for the Lord and contains rewards for those who’s hearts are sold unto the giving of their lives to Christ and to one another. John 15:13-14 – Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Take special note here, this is commanded of them by Jesus to do.
1 John 1:7 – But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have “fellowship” one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. When we exercise our sufferings unto this unique kind of fellowship in suffering it demonstrates our fellowship with Christ allowing the sufferings to building up of His body which is the church. 2 Tim 1:8-9 – Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9) Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. Power is speaking of force (literally or figuratively); specially, miraculous power (usually, a miracle itself), also ability, abundance, might, or strength. (We need this power to overcome the suffering, while setting our focus upon the results of that suffering, which should be fixed upon, “filling up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in our flesh (and soul) for his body’s sake, which is the church.”
Eph 1:22-23 – And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23) Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. Each member of the Church must embrace their suffering as in Christ, that Christ might be manifest out of each and bringing to fulfilment of that which the Father desires in the building of up of His house. John 2:17 – And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up. Zeal means excitement of mind, ardor, fervor of spirit, zeal, ardor or eagerness in embracing, pursuing, or defending anything:
Eph 6:10-12 – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. It is the devil waging war against the church and all those who give their lives away, embracing suffering, for the cause of Christ and filling up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in our flesh (and soul) for his body’s sake, which is the church. The devil releases demons as termites to undermine the lives of Christians as well as the Fathers purposes in their lives, to hinder the building of the Fathers house. 1 Cor 9:24-27 – Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25) And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26) Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27) But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
Filling up the Suffering of Christ; Part 1
Col 1:24 – Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body’s sake, which is the church: Do we embrace our suffering as a means of fulling this scripture as Apostle Paul did to fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for His body’s sake, which is the church. God never intended our sufferings, of grief and sorrow, afflictions, persecutions and tribulations to be squandered on self pity, questioning God why we are going through such things, or complaining. I have only seen this from one perspective, how it effects me, not in questioning why or complaining, but with unquestionable confidence that suffering opens the way for the mortifying of the flesh through the Holy Spirit and all that is contrary to God’s will and purposes in our lives. Rom 8:13 – For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Matt 5:11-12 – Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12) Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. This confirms Col 1:24, as we rejoice in our sufferings for anothers sake we affirm and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in our flesh for his body’s sake, which is the church. This we must remember when these circumstance arise in our lives we embrace them knowing that this advances the building up of the body of Christ which is the church.
On Monday of last week the Spirit of God gave me revelation on this and compelled me to go to Col 1:24, It has helped me to embrace the grief and sorrow coming from the passing of my wife of 49 years to be with the Lord. We must allow this suffering to be directed to the filling up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in our flesh for his body’s sake, which is the church. Also in this revelation from the Spirit it was said, “embracing our sufferings for Christ and the body and the church is a “deposit” for a greater reward in heaven, which is being stored up for us! (Matt 5:12)
Ps 56:8 – Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? In this case David was fleeing from His own country. However, the word wanderings are connect to suffering of any kind.
(Barnes) Psalms 56:8 – (Are they not in thy book?) It is speaking of book of remembrance and they are numbered and recorded so that they will not be forgotten? This expresses strong confidence that our tears “would” be remembered; that they would not be forgotten. All the tears that we shed “are” remembered by God. If “properly” shed-shed in sorrow, without murmuring or complaining, they will be remembered for our good; However, if “improperly shed” – if with the spirit of complaining, and with a want of submission to the divine will, they will be remembered against us. It is not wrong to weep. David wept; the Saviour wept; nature prompts us to weep; and it cannot be wrong to weep if “our” eye “poureth out” its tears “unto God”; that is, if in our sorrow we look to God with submission and with earnest supplication. Job 16:20 – My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.
Rom 5:3-5 – And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4) And patience, experience/maturity; and experience, hope: 5) And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
* Tribulations means pressure; afflicted (-tion), anguish, burdened, persecution, or trouble. Much of these words defining tribulation are also directly connected to the loss of a spouse or a loved one. Eph 3:13-15 – Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my “tribulations for you”, which is your glory. 14) For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15) Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named. (Tribulations no matter what kind results to anothers glory, we acknowledge it for that purpose.)
Phil 2:17-18 – Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all. 18) For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me. Think about this, if most Christians had this perspective of suffering, what would the church as a whole be like today!
2 Cor 1:5-7 – For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. 6) And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. 7) And our hope of you is steadfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation. (Partakers, as beneficiaries of Paul’s sufferings.)
* Consolation means solace, comfort, a calling near, or summons.
* Partaker means a sharer, an associate, companion, fellowship, or partner.
The Soul, Conflict and Harmony
Gen 2:7 – And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Breath means vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect. An animal, soul, spirit, the lower nature. The soul is the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, passions and appetites. (The human soul in so far as it is so constituted that by the right use of the aids offered it by God it can attain its highest end and secure eternal blessedness.) In marriage the two become one, and that oneness is in the body, flesh and soul. The soul is the seat of desires, affections, passions and appetites and every soul has a prevailing disposition, meaning prevailing tendencies in mood, inclination, and temperamental makeup, and the tendency of something to act in a certain manner under given circumstances. (In this relationship there must be an absolute surrender of our souls desires, affections, passions and appetites to Jesus Christ.) Without such the success of any relationship, especially in marriage, will not succeed as well as our relationship with God. This is why those in marriage, as speaking to Christians, who is without love “agape”, “sacrificially given” by each in the marriage, the marriage will not survive the nature of the soul within each. This is progressed by sin, which is in the flesh and will negatively effect the well being of the marriage and soul of each. Agape means affection or benevolence; specially a love-feast, good-will, the love of men to men; the love of men toward God, the love of God toward men, the love of God toward Christ, and the love of Christ toward men. Agape, the love-feasts, expresses and fosters mutual love and affections, which use to be held by Christians before the celebration of the Lord’s supper.
1 Thess 1:3 – Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father. Labor of love is a long arduous labor (intense labor united with trouble, toil) that is meant to bring our own death enabling the Holy Spirit to mortify the deeds of the flesh. Gen 2:24 – Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Some might ask why the marriage? Marriage (between a man and a woman) is the greatest bond God ever created on earth. A person in a successful marriage have experience and wisdom to make the marriage work due to the sacrifice each makes in the marriage. Cleave means to impinge, cling or adhere, figuratively, to catch by pursuit, abide fast, cleave (fast together), follow close (hard after), to be joined (together), keep (fast), overtake, pursue hard, or stick. Note that there is an adhering, abiding fast together. However, there is also impinging upon, pursuit, overtake and pursue hard. (Impinge means to advance beyond the usual limit.) Without a strong pursuit in any relationship to maintain harmony in the relationship it will fail, this comes only when the love of God is active in each. Matt 19:5-6 – And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6) Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Here the word cling means “to join fast together, to glue, cement,” to fasten together and is primarily said of metals and other materials.
John 13:34-35 – A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. The word love here is the Greek word “agapao” meaning a labor of love, which will become very arduous if the persons aren’t willing to make personal sacrifices for one another. All relationships end in failure without a pursuit of harmony in the relations found upon love of God established in each partner or partners.
John 15:16-17 – Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 17) These things I command you, that ye love one another. The love of God is directly connected to the fruit that is produced out of our lives. One another means reduplicated; each other, or mutual love, together as one, and creates and atmosphere of mutual love and respect for one another, reduplicating and growing the kingdom of God. In other words, if the love of God is prevalent in a marriage with children, the children will be much better equipped to walk in the same love as the grow up, duplicated the life of the parents within themselves. John 15:13 – Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends; especially in the church and in relationship with one another, the life of the body and the church depend upon this, just as a marriage of a man and a woman depend on this. There must be a diligent pursuit of this in both.
* Luke 17:6 – And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
* The Sycamine-tree, is also called the sycamore tree, and the “mulberry-tree.” This tree bears a certain species of figs. This tree was common in Palestine. It is probable that Jesus was standing by one as He addressed these words to his disciples. This tree is generally planted by the wayside, in the open space where several paths meet.” It is a remarkable tree. It not only bears several crops of figs during the year. These figs grow like no other. They grow on short stems along the trunk and large branches, and not at the end of twigs, as in other fruit-bearing trees. The figs were carried to market in large quantities, and appeared to be more valued then other figs with taste and the poorer classes eat them. The tree is easily propagated, merely by planting a stout branch in the ground, and watering it until it has struck its roots into the soil. This it does with great rapidity, to a vast depth and the roots or enormous. Our Lord selected it to illustrate the power of faith. Essentially this sycamore tree could not be uprooted and its roots were very large and went deep into the ground. (Again this shows us that in Christ our faith can never be uprooted, stagger or waver, unless we leave the enemy an opening to do so, through fear, anxiety, doubt or unbelief.
* Notes: This tree produced much fruit, WHY? because of its enormous root system. Is our faith firmly root in a manner that it will never fail or be uprooted through circumstances and whiles the devil that he tries to impede us with? John 15:7-8 – If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8) Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
* Why was it found in a place where several paths met? 1) Jesus Christ represents the likeness of this fig tree, which bore much fruit that the Father would be glorified. 2) All mankind ever born on the earth will pass through this place where several paths meet having the fig tree at its center, in the likeness of Christ, of which they will be confronted with a decision for Jesus Christ or against Him. Some will partake in the fruit of this incredible fig tree and disdain it, because it had no taste and because of the sensual nature of the flesh, which only desires those things that tantalize or excite the flesh, making it feel or taste good to the senses of which the devil uses to steal, kill and destroy. * Why will the poor love it so? Within the parable is shown both the good and the evil of mankind, those that hunger and thirst for righteousness and those that reject Christ and chase after the pleasures of sin. 1 Cor 2:14 – But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. Natural means beastly or animal nature, sensual, earthy, and the lower nature as compared to the higher or heavenly nature that the righteous are being conformed to in Jesus Christ.
* The poorer class of people preferred them is referring to the willingness of the believer to die to self will, being dead in Christ, that the Spirit of God can mortify the works of the flesh in the midst of suffering and affliction. Paul said in 1 Cor 15:31 – I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. Jesus said in Matt 11:28-30 – Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. The poorness of the believer gives way to embracing suffering and affliction, which brings forth meekness and lowliness, bringing death to the old nature and advancing the new creation within made in the likeness of image of Jesus Christ. * Isa 66:2 – For all those things hath mine hand made, and those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. Poor means depressed, in mind or circumstances afflicted, humble, lowly, or needy. Contrite means smitten, maimed, or dejected, crushed or lame. Why would it say depressed in mind, maimed or lame? This is the condition of the natural man or old nature.
*Zech 13:7-9 – Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. 8) And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. 9) And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Smite the Shepherd is speaking about Christ at the cross, shedding His blood and bringing remission of transgressions and sin. The sheep will be scattered is speaking about all of those that will not embrace the cross and the suffering there of, causing them to be scattered. Strike the little ones is speaking, not about children, but the sons of God that are willing to embrace the cross, bringing suffering, affliction, and persecution, but to our greater benefit to embrace being abased, humbled, meek, in Him allowing the Holy Spirit to guide and direct our life as the Spirit did also with Jesus Christ. In this we are refined us as silver is refined, and tried us as gold is tried. When it say’s that two thirds will be cut off it means to cut off, down or asunder; by implication, to destroy or consume. * The big question here is will be with the two thirds or the one third? One will reject the cross and the suffering and the other will embrace to their own death that they mighty have life eternal in Jesus Christ. It is our choice! 2 Peter 3:9-11 – The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11) Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness. We are very close to this time!
* Matt 13:31-32 – Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32) Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
* Some actual facts of the mustard seed is that actually grew to only about the height of 9ft. It also grew in the wild or field instead of a garden, though it is improved by being transplanted, but on the other hand, when it has once been sown it is scarcely possible to get the place free of it, as the seed, when it falls, germinates at once. Also, the mustard seed has many medicinal qualities and is extremely beneficial for ones health. There are 15 medicinal benefits, but for the sake of space I’ll only post 7: Prevents Cancer,Treats Psoriasis, Relieves Contact Dermatitis, Improves Cardiovascular Health, Relief from Respiratory Disorders, Cures Aches and Poison Repulsion. Interestingly our devotion to Jesus Christ also has a medicinal effect upon the Christian, but not just physically, but spiritually, emotionally, mentally, with wholeness of body, soul, mind and spirit.
* Though the dominion of God appeared small like a seed during Jesus’ ministry, it would inexorably grow into something large and firmly rooted, which many would find shelter in and others would find obnoxious and try to root out.” This is actually taking place, right now, in our nation, but we will overcome these attacks upon us, for they only make us stronger in Christ. Inexorably grow means to be persuaded not to turn back, moved, stopped, and relentless. At the forefront of the Christian walk there must be a relentless pursuit of faith, love and good works and without it the Christian will fail in his devotion to Christ. The veracity of the mustard seed is incredible proof that Christian faith, love and good works that spreads the gospel and His kingdom on earth will never be stopped by any force in the heavens or on the earth. Veracity means the quality of being true, honest, or accurate, or conformity with truth or fact or devotion to the truth. John 2:16-17 – And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise. 17) And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up. This intensity, fortitude and veracity of Christ must dwell within every Christian if they are to be over comers and we are to become made in His image and likeness and to receive eternal life in Him. * Eph 2:8-10 – For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9) “Not of works, lest any man should boast.” 10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Faith is a gift from God needed to initiate us into the kingdom of God for the purpose of bringing forth good works which He has preordained for us from before the beginning of time. The real stumbling stone is that most Christians manifest good works out of the old nature. However, If we are born again of the Spirit we are a new creature, every good work flowing through us proceeds out of the new creature by way the Holy Spirit. How can we know what the Father has preordained for us unless the Spirit of God reveal it to us and then we walk in it by the grace of God give to do the good works? * Faith, like a mustard seed, starts out very small, being the least of all seeds, but grows unto the greatest of all herbs and becomes a tree, which, in this case becomes shelter to birds of the air. Heb 11:6 – But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. To waver, stagger or doubt in this gift of faith freely giving to us by God is to bring Him displeasure! Heb 10:38-39 – Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39) But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Christians are falling away from God by the millions in our times and it was even prophetically spoken of by Paul in 2 Thess 2:3. The main reason for this is, because faith and love are not at the forefront of Christian lives, as well as many pastors or teachers behind pulpits throughout our nation have forsaken sound biblical doctrine for intellectual discourse, having no foundation of scripture, and propagating doctrines of demons. There is no veracity in them for the truth, they give way to false doctrines and become wolves in sheep clothing. Find a church with a pastor or a teacher that will not waver in the truth, which cuts to the heart of those hearing it, bringing repentance and change to the hearers life. Acts 20:28-30 – Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29) For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30) Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Again Paul say’s in Phil 2:20-21 – For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. 21) For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ’s.
* As King Solomon spoke, saying that, “nothing ever changes”, throughout the history of the church, evil men will always raise up being led of the devil to tear down the good works created in God and devour the sheep as wolves. Jer 17:9-10 – The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10) I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. The wicked will perish and the righteous will stand, because the Lord is with them. We must realize that in these days, as it was in Paul’s, the scriptures shows us the way to continue in faith, love and good works and advance the truth wherever the Spirit leads us. 1 John 2:27 – But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. The Greek word for for seed here is “sperma”. Now I say, “how can we be led astray in these perilous times when His Spirit, His life, His DNA flows through our veins.” We are bone of His bone and flesh of His flesh”. God bless and keep you all during this Christmas and New Years season.
Rev 12:10-12 – And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12) Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. One thing that is really key here is that they, “they loved not their lives unto the death”. One of the biggest obstacles within Christians is the fear of man, the fear of failure, doubt and unbelief that keeps God’s kingdom on earth from becoming a reality to believers and unbelievers.
God rebukes His own people for the fear of man, those who oppress them: Isa 51:12-16 – I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass; 13) And forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor? 14) The captive exile hasteneth that he may be loosed, and that he should not die in the pit, nor that his bread should fail. 15) But I am the Lord thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared: The Lord of hosts is his name. 16) And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people. God has created every Christian to boldly be a vessel that He can use to do His awesome works through each of us, Darkness is established by the devil and his hordes of demons that have brought great darkness in the earth and heavens. God puts His words in our mouth to deal with the darkness and the devil and his kingdom on the earth. He will be defeated!!. Eph 2:2 – Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: The devil and his demons operate in this level or the first heaven or air, who’s purpose it is to keep God’s people from planting the heavens and lay the foundation of the earth, and becoming all that He has ordained each to be. To plant means to fasten, to fix, to to establish and to “lay the foundations” means to found, to fix, to establish, to appoint, or to ordain. (Christians should be about planting the heavens and laying the foundations of which are under the control of the devil causing darkness to increase and all forms of evil to increase through out the earth.)
Isa 59:19-21 – So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. 20) And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord. 21) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever. In vs 19 the word standard means to vanish away, make to subside, to chase, to cause to abate, flee away or put to flight. (I believe this standard raised against the devil causes the him to flee comes from the words He puts in our mouth.) Matt 24:22 – And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened. (Ever feel like the days, weeks, months and years are going by faster?) Matt 24:24 – For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (This is happening in this nation right now!)
* Isa 60:1-3 – Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. 2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. This glory arising on believers means honor, glorious, abundance, riches, splendor, dignity or reputation. This arising is speaking of the birth, life and resurrection of Jesus Christ, who’s life and glory becomes manifest in every born again of the Spirit believer, fulfilling the Fathers desire to plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, that He may be glorified by the Son who lives and abides in us. Every born of the Spirit Christian is called to manifest His light in them into the darkness covering the earth with the purpose of destroying the works of the devil on the earth and in the air/heaven and setting the captives free from the bondage of the devil who holds them captive to do his will. Arise means to stand, to rise up, to arise (hostile sense), to become powerful, to be established, to be confirmed, to endure, to be proven or to be validated. 1 John 3:8 – He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. His Spirit abides in us to destroy the works of the devil.
Col 1:27-28 – To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Matt 5:14-16 – Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15) Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Light of the world means to give light, light as seen by the eye, and, metaphorically, as reaching the mind; English word is phosphorus meaning light-bearing. Light requires an organ adapted for its reception. (Has our life as a Christians been fitted by the Spirit to be adapted for the reception of this light coming forth out of us from good works flowing out of us?) (Important note: We can’t glory in the good works that proceed from us for it is God by the Spirit that is manifesting the good works out of us and the Father is glorified through the Son in those good works. We know these works are from God because the word “good” means means beautiful to look at, shapely, magnificent, excellent in its nature and characteristics, and therefore well adapted to its ends, beautiful by reason of purity of heart and life, and hence, praiseworthy; morally good, noble, honorable, conferring honor, affecting the mind agreeably, comforting and confirming. (It should be obvious to all that this is not speaking of good works coming forth out of the natural man, but works manifesting by the unction and power of the Holy Spirit establishing Christ’s works in and through us on the earth, of which only these kind of works can glorify the Father in heaven.)
We must remember that the devil will resist the work of God in us, causing us to be distracted by circumstances and people around us. Matt 6:22-23 – The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23) But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness. Single means simple, single, used in a moral sense, referring to the singleness of purpose which keeps us from the snare of having a double treasure and consequently a divided heart. The evil eye is one that can be compared to the sower of the seed, where the seed is sown among the thrones, referring to being distracted and caught in the snare of the devil through cares of this life, the deceitfulness of riches and the lust for other things, which chokes out the word and become unfruitful in their labor for God.
* Acts 10:37-38 – That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38) How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. (Note that doing good is connected to setting the oppressed free from the devil through the power of God residing within us.and much more. The word power (dunamis) means universally, inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth: specifically, the power of performing miracles:
Zech 13:7-9 – Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. 8) And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. 9) And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. Unfortunately there are many that God will not be able to use for two thirds will be cut off or destroyed. When it says, “I will strike the “little ones”, little ones is speaking of the humble, meek and abased. These God will us for this great work can only be accomplished by these, but they will be brought through the fire and will be refined as silver is refined and tried as as gold is tried and then God will say I will say, it is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.